No. 311, November 2018
On the Cover: Eric Clapton. Adam Levy’s in-depth lesson takes you inside the bluesy fundamentals of Clapton’s often-overlooked acoustic stylings. Plus: Guitarist Andy Fairweather Low on working with E.C.
- Eric Clapton – “Layla”
- Mary Flower – “Liberal Rag”
- Gospel classic – “It Is Well with My Soul”
- Nathan Salsburg – “B.B.”
Next-Generation Fingerstyle: Five rising fingerstyle stars share their many and varied inspirations and techniques. John Leventhal: Guitar Talk with the producer, songwriter, guitarist; Rory Block slides into a new blues tribute series; tips on how to navigate online guitar auctions, and more.
- Scale Models, Part 2 – Familiarize yourself with the major scale in all positions
- Weekly Workout – Dropped-D fingerpicking
- Cort CJ-Retro jumbo acoustic-electric
- Art & Lutherie Roadhouse Q-Discrete parlor acoustic-electric
- D’Addario Cradle Capo
- ZeroGlide zero fret nut replacement