No. 287, November 2016
On the Cover: Dip into the Delta Blues — A special section devoted to the players, places, and music from the richest bottomland in the world, which gave everlasting voice to the blues. Highlights look at the Mississippi Blues Trail; how to play like Charley Patton; Jimbo Mathus of the Squirrel Nut Zippers; a list of essential books and albums.
- Woody Guthrie - “Do Re Mi”
- Charley Patton - “Pea Vine Blues”
- Will Ackerman - “Anne’s Song”
Features: Windham Hill founder Will Ackerman; Jug Band cohorts Jim Kweskin and Geoff Muldaur reunite.
- Learn to pick like a piano player
- 4 easy steps to natural harmonics
- Surviving—and thriving—as a solo singer-songwriter
- Gibson Hummingbird Vintage
- Guild M-20
- Martin DCX1AE Macassar
- Michael Kelly Forte Port.
Plus: Joan Baez’s 75th birthday concert album; Benjamin Scheuer’s musical The Lion; and 5 Minutes with Parker Milsap.