No. 285, September 2016
On the Cover: Six-String Sagas—13 epic guitar stories from Acoustic Guitar Sessions featuring Kaki King, Tommy Emmanuel, Valerie June, Eric Bibb, Greg Brown, Ani DiFranco, Sarah Jarosz, Alejandro Escovedo, Laurie Lewis, Andy McKee, Paul Mehling, firekid, and Chris Smither.
- Todd Rundgren - “I Saw the Light”
- Glenn Jones - “Close to the Ground”
- 1920s classic - “Crazy Blues”
Features: Bluegrass great Bryan Sutton tells how he gets it done; the history of famed Los Angeles guitar shop McCabe’s; and talking technique with American-primitive guitarist Glenn Jones.
- 4 ways to silence your strings
- How to play Robert Johnson’s songs in an open-G tuning
- An intro to jazz re-harmonization to spice up your playing
- Rayco Squareneck Resonator
- Alvarez Blues51 & Delta00
- Kala’s Guitarlele
Plus: Tommy Emmanuel heads to Havana; Steve Gunn’s nonstandard approach; luthier on the rise Isaac Jang.