No. 279, March 2016
On the Cover: Texan Robert Earl Keen takes a detour into bluegrass; plus, more on Texas bluegrass pioneers and events.
- Traditional - “Will the Circle Be Unbroken”
- Traditional - “O the Wind and Rain”
- Tommy Emmanuel - “Ruby’s Eyes”
Features: A look back at the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s enduring classic album, Will the Circle Be Unbroken; Slash talks about the now-famous Honduran mahogany tree that produced his acoustic guitar; Peggy Seeger revisits her historic collection of Child Ballads; custom luthier Linda Manzer.
- How to be a better accompanist
- Unlock I-IV-V progressions
- 3 variations on 'Pete's Barrelhouse Rag'
- Martin’s vintage-looking 00-15E
- Taylor 326e baritone
- Blueridge modern jumbo 1500E
CD Reviews: The Allman Bros. Idlewild South reissue, and discs by Eric Bibb and the Punch Brothers.