No. 277, January 2016
On the Cover: Irish singer-songwriter Glen Hansard opens up about his life after Once, his new Didn’t He Ramble album, and going back to his roots as a busker.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan - “Pride and Joy”
- Hank Williams - “Jambalaya”
- Tom Waits - “Ol’ 55”
Features: Made to Order—on the lure of custom-built acoustic guitars; the singular style of Christopher Paul Stelling; what’s new with Jewell; Gary Clark Jr.’s acoustic side.
- Building unconventional jazz voicings from open strings
- 3 ways to lock in solid rhythm
- RainSong’s SMCX carbon guitar
- Faith FMSB45-BNC parlor guitar
- Henriksen’s ‘The Bud” portable amp
CD Reviews: The Legendary Shack Shakers’ album The Southern Surreal, Legends of Old-Time Music compilation, Kinky Friedman’s the Loneliest Man I Ever Met, John Renbourn's The Attics Tapes.