No. 223, July 2011
On the Cover: Tommy Emmanuel. The Australian fingerstyle wiz talks about the influence of Chet Atkins, his new double album, and his very personal connection to his guitars.
- Gordon Lightfoot – "Rainy Day People"
- Irish Traditional – "The Rising of the Moon"
Features: The History of Larson Brothers Instruments. How two Swedish immigrants created some of the most innovative guitars of the early 20th century; Acoustic Preamps. All you need to know about stand-alone acoustic guitar preamps
- Peppino D'Agostino Lesson. The contemporary fingerstyle guitarist talks about his percussive techniques, unusual alternate tunings, and the importance of melody.
- Basic Bluegrass Soloing Lesson. Eric Thompson explains how to move from Carter-style leads to bluegrass and how to get a powerful flatpicking tone.
- Open-D Tuning Basics. Explore some basic chords and scale patterns in this popular alternate tuning.
- Bass Lines Lesson. Learn how to use and embellish jazzy walking bass in your fingerstyle arrangements.
- PRS Tony McManus Private Stock
- Taylor Doyle Deluxe DDX
- Godin Multiac ACS-SA Nylon USB