No. 217, January 2011
On the Cover: Andy McKee. The contemporary fingerstyle sensation explains the percussive style that turned him into a YouTube star. Plus, a look at McKee's guitars and gear.
- David Gray – "Babylon"
- Bob Dylan – "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere"
- John Lennon and Paul McCartney – "Day Tripper"
Features: Three Paths to Fretboard Mastery: Deepen your fretboard knowledge by exploring new approaches to practicing scales and arpeggios; All About Guitar Ergonomics: How to make sure your guitar is a good physical match for you; 25 ways to enhance your jamming experience; Mary Gauthier. The Louisiana-born guitarist and songwriter gives her hardscrabble childhood an unflinching look on The Foundling.
- Corey Harris Lesson. The blues guitarist describes the art of fusing American and African musical influences.
- Learn the Reverse Boom-Chuck – A simple change in your strumming can help you mimic the style of a piano or keyboard.
- Percussive Rhythm Techniques – Use scratch rhythms, fret-hand tapping, and percussive slapping to add energy to your guitar playing.
- Lowden Pierre Bensusan Model
- Córdoba Fusion Orchestra
- Fishman Loudbox Mini Acoustic Amp