No. 218, February 2011
On the Cover: Essential Acoustic Albums of 2010. Acoustic Guitar's editors and contributors review the past year's notable acoustic releases.
- Mick Jagger and Keith Richards – "Dead Flowers"
- Paul Simon – "Homeward Bound"
- Arrangement by Al Petteway – "Hound Dog"
Features: Seven Complete Acoustic Guitar Rigs. From flatpickers at festivals to rockers on the lighted stage, we're all searching for our perfect package of gear. Here are seven complete acoustic setups to guide you on your quest; José González/Junip. The Swedish-Argentine singer-songwriter brings his deft nylon-string guitar skills to his eclectic trio, Junip; Ten tips for engaging an audience; A guide to contemporary Weissenborn-style guitars; How the world's top flatpickers transform square dance tunes into virtuoso guitar music.
- Alternate Tunings in Acoustic Rock. Learn how bands like Led Zeppelin and Fleetwood Mac adapted alternate tunings from folk and blues styles for their acoustic rock hits.
- Sixth Chords. Learn how to play and use this easy, expressive, and often overlooked family of chords.
- Richard Smith Lesson. The fingerstyle guitar champion talks about thumbpicking, developing speed, and learning by ear.
- Breedlove American Series C25/Sme
- Recording King RP2-626-C
- Six New Tuners from Boss, Planet Waves, TC Electronic, Onboard Research, Korg, and Peterson.