Acoustic Guitar Slide Basics
Bitten by the blues bug? If you have always wanted to explore the haunting sounds of acoustic slide guitar, or are looking to brush up on your bottleneck basics, this easy-to-follow, step-by-step instruction series will have you well on your way to mastering one of the great styles of American roots music. David Hamburger, a master teacher, sideman, and solo performer specializing in slide and Dobro, is uniquely qualified to offer you these nine progressive lessons on the fundamentals of acoustic slide guitar.
This comprehensive guide is available in two different formats:
- Book & Audio Download package: 70 pages with written instruction, notation and tab, plus accompanying audio instruction performed by David Hamburger, available to download.
- PDF & Video Download package: Downloadable version featuring the complete written instruction (including standard notation and tablature) from the book, plus accompanying video instruction, performed by David Hamburger.
- Guitars, Slides, and Tunings
- Single-String Melodies
- Adding Bass Notes with the Thumb
- Open-G Tuning and Closed Position
- Adding Bass Notes to Your Melodies
- The Blues Shuffle Rhythm
- Travis Picking
- Pull-Offs, Hammer-Ons, and Blue Notes
- Turnarounds and Moving Bass Lines
Please note: We pack and ship each order lovingly by hand. While our staff continues to work from home to stay healthy and safe, we are not able to make all of our physical inventory available for purchase here. Digital editions will be fulfilled instantly, but if you prefer a hard copy now, please check Amazon.