No. 294, June 2017
On the Cover: Explore a Gypsy-jazz primer that will inspire you to swing like Django Reinhardt. Learn the manouche style in 6 easy steps and what to look for when buying a Gypsy-jazz guitar.
- Stephane Wrembel - “Windmills”
- Buck Curran - “River unto Sea”
- Blues classic - “Trouble in Mind”
Features: Aimee Mann gets back to basics with her all-acoustic album Mental Illness; jazz-guitar great Ralph Towner returns with a solo-acoustic album.
- Start enriching your music now with seventh chords
- How to use chord grips to generate great soloing ideas
- Play the blues like R.L. Burnside
- Martin’s D-1 Authentic 1931
- Bedell Revolution Parlor
- Seagull Coastline Momentum
Plus: Madeleine Peyroux fantasizes about her dream guitar; 5 strategies for flying with your cherished gear; Canadian luthiers celebrate their nation’s greatest painters with artful guitars.