Fingerstyle Jazz Guitar Essentials
Learn the art of fingerstyle jazz guitar with 12 lessons aimed at building chord vocabulary, separating bass and melody voices, and improvisation in the style of jazz guitar greats like Wes Montgomery and Joe Pass. Along the way, you’ll study interpretations of traditional songs and chord progressions based on classic jazz-standard repertoire.
This comprehensive guide is available in two different formats:
- Book + Audio & Video Downloads: 84 pages with notation, tab, accompanying audio for all music examples, and more than three hours of video instruction with Sean McGowan.
- PDF + Audio & Video Downloads: Digital edition featuring the complete written instruction (including standard notation and tablature) from the book, all music examples, and more than three hours of accompanying video instruction.
- Guide Tone Voicings
- Four-Part Chord Voicings
- Building Bass Lines
- Synchronizing the Hands and Developing Independence
- Developing Rhythm
- Considering the Melody
- Creating Color with Substitutions
- Building Arrangements
- Extended Techniques
- Chord-Shape-Based Improvisation
- Piano-Influenced Improvisation
- Orchestral Improvisation