Explore Alternate Tunings: Complete Edition
Explore Alternate Tunings is your expert guide for the world beyond standard guitar tuning. The master teachers at Acoustic Guitar magazine help you get oriented in ten popular tunings, and share chords and songs drawn from blues, folk, Celtic, Hawaiian, and classical traditions.
This comprehensive guide is available in two different formats:
- Book & CD package: 70 pages with written instruction, notation and tab, plus accompanying audio instruction available as companion CD.
- PDF & Audio Download package: Downloadable version featuring the complete written instruction (including standard notation and tablature) from the book, plus accompanying audio instruction.
- D-D Tuning. By Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers.
- Dropping the Third String. By David Hodge.
- Accompaniment in Open G and Open D. By Mark Hanson.
- Intro to D A D G A D. By Doug Young.
- Explore D A D G A D. By Doug Young.
- Hawaiian Slack -Key Guitar. By Fran Guidry.
- C G D G B E Tuning. By Sean McGowan.
- Orkney Tuning. By Steve Baughman.
- High-Strung Tuning. By Doug Young.
- Prelude from the Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major. By Patrick Francis.
- Old Joe Clark. By Joe Miller. Hi'ilawe. By Patrick Landeza.