No. 305, May 2018
On the Cover: V Marks the Spot: We check in with master guitar designer Andy Powers as Taylor Guitars continues its innovative ways with the introduction of its new V-Class Bracing. Plus, with a little help from the AG community, we identify 45 outstanding acoustic recordings of the new millennium.
- Al Petteway - “Midsummer Moon”
- Readers’ Pick, Steve Howe - “Clap”
- Scottish Traditional - “Tae the Weavers Gin Ye Gang”
Jerry Garcia ‘Before the Dead’ – a new box set of acoustic recordings from Garcia’s pre-Grateful Dead years; Al Petteway discusses the recording of his new album, The Collector's Passion; Danny Carnahan examines the influence of Scottish songs on American music; singer-songwriter Mary Gauthier on songwriting with soldiers; Mamie Minch on how to fix your guitar’s enlarged endpin hole.
- How to play self-sufficient arrangements
- Get to know your fretboard with visualization techniques
- Five ways of passing along music to both individuals and groups
- Taylor Builder’s Edition K14ce
- Tech 21 Acoustic Fly Rig
- Martin 000-15M StreetMaster