Traditional Songs for Beginning Guitar
Add to your repertoire and reinforce your technique with this collection of traditional songs! In this songbook are 15 of your favorite traditional songs, arranged for beginning guitar. You'll learn easy versions of both the melody and rhythm parts, so you can play these songs as guitar instrumentals or accompany singing (the complete lyrics are included for each song). You can bring these songs to life by listening to the recordings from the companion audio and then using the transcriptions to learn both the melody and accompaniment. Includes complete song lyrics, full guitar parts in standard notation, tablature, and chord diagrams, and detailed notes on song origins and arrangements. All chords, keys, and techniques used are taught in Book One of The Acoustic Guitar Method.
This comprehensive guide is available in two different formats:
- Book & CD package: 35 pages with written instruction, notation and tab, plus accompanying audio instruction.
- PDF & Audio Download package: Downloadable version featuring the complete written instruction (including standard notation and tablature) from the book, plus accompanying audio instruction.
- Amazing Grace
- Down by the Riverside
- He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
- Home on the Range
- I've Got Peace Like a River
- Michael Row the Boat Ashore
- Rock My Soul
- Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- This Little Light of Mine
- This Train
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home
- When the Saints Come Marching In
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken