Teach Yourself Guitar Basics: Complete Edition
You want to get started playing guitar on the right foot so you can quickly enjoy all the fun and satisfaction that making music brings. This helpful book is full of guidance from the master guitar teachers at Acoustic Guitar, who show you the right way to play chords, songs, and solos with six essential lessons and companion audio. You'll also get answers to dozens of questions about buying, owning, and beginning to play your guitar. The best way to have fun with the world's most popular instrument is to get solid advice and instruction from the beginning, and Teach Yourself Guitar Basics is the perfect companion as you start your musical journey.
This comprehensive guide is available in two different formats:
- Book & CD package: 100 pages with written instruction, notation and tab, tips, diagrams, plus accompanying audio instruction. Written by various AG masters.
- PDF & Audio Download package: Downloadable version featuring the complete written instruction (including standard notation and tablature) from the book, plus accompanying audio instruction.
YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Chords 101. Pete Madsen.
- Intro to Power Chords. Josh Workman.
- Ten Great 4/4 Rhythm Patterns. Adam Perlmutter.
- The ABCs of Fingerpicking. David Hodge.
- Music Theory Made Easy. Adam Levy.
- Your First Solo. Jason Garoian.
ADVICE FOR BEGINNERS
- Guitar Shopping
- Equipment Basics
- Getting in Tune and Getting Started
- The Learning Process
- Sharing Your Music