Acoustic Guitar Magazine's Private Lessons
This comprehensive study guide contains 24 lessons and how-to articles published in Acoustic Guitar magazine, with additional audio recorded and played by the authors, including David Hamburger, Dix Bruce, Dylan Schorer, Dan Crary, and Dale Miller. The book also features 12 full songs to play. You'll learn everything from basic techniques such as hammer-ons and pull-offs to more advanced moves such as double-stop fiddle licks, Celtic flatpicking, and Texas swing.
This comprehensive guide is available in digital format:
- PDF & Audio Download package: Downloadable version featuring the complete written instruction (including standard notation and tablature) from the book, plus accompanying audio instruction.
- Playing with Elegance. By Dale Miller.
- Learning to Sight-Read. By Charles Chapman.
- Understanding What You Play. By Dale Miller.
- Using the Circle of Fifths. By Dale Mille.
- Hammer-ons and Pull-offs. By Ken Perlman.
- Strums and Bass Notes. By Mark Hanson.
- Bass Line Basics. By David Hamburger.
- Crossing the Thumb/Finger Divide. By Larry Sandberg.
- Accompanying Yourself. By Elizabeth Papapetro.
- Acoustic Rock Rhythm. By Mark Hanson.
- D A D G A D Accompaniment. By Jim Wood.
- Creating a Second Guitar Part. By Pete Kennedy, John Jennings, and John Leventhal, with David Hamburger.
- Chords for Songwriters. By Gary Talley.
- Bach for Flatpickers. By Dix Bruce.
- Double-Stop Fiddle Licks. By Glenn Weiser.
- Celtic Flatpicking. By Dylan Schorer.
- Texas Swing. By Rex Gillentine, with Hal Glatzer.
- Swing Guitar Soloing. By David Hamburger.
- Open-G Slide Fills. By David Hamburger.
- Sliding in Open D. By David Hamburger.
- Getting Started with Lap-Style Slide. By Kelly Joe Phelps, with Dylan Schorer.
PRACTICING AND PERFORMING
- Practicing Secrets. By Dan Crary.
- Getting Ready to Perform. By Kristina Olsen.
- Working the Room. By Kristina Olsen.
- The White Cockade
- In Old Colonial Days
- Chilly Winds
- Wildwood Flower
- Whiskey before Breakfast
- Merrily Kiss the Quaker
- Minuet from the Notebook of Anna Magdalena Bach
- What a Friend We Have in Jesus
- Pretty Peggy
- Banish Misfortune
- Humphrey's Hornpipe
- Leather Britches