Acoustic Guitar Magazine's Best Private Lessons
Craving variety in your guitar playing? Satisfy your hunger for new guitar techniques and styles with Acoustic Guitar's collection of its finest lessons, hand-picked from its comprehensive lesson book library.
Players of all levels have a rare opportunity to explore a wide range of techniques, including fingerstyle, flatpicking, alternate tunings, and bottleneck slide, while enjoying a variety of musical styles—rock, blues, Celtic, swing, bluegrass, and more. You'll also learn how to make the most of your practice time, choose a teacher, and train your ear from the best guitar teachers around.
This comprehensive guide is available in two different formats:
- Book & CD package: 79 pages with written instruction from a selection of AG teachers, notation and tab, plus accompanying audio instruction available as CD.
- PDF & Audio Download package: Downloadable version featuring the complete written instruction (including standard notation and tablature) from the book, plus accompanying audio instruction.
- Acoustic Rock Rhythm. By Mark Hanson.
- Chord Embellishment. By Dylan Schorer.
- Jazz Chord Basics. By Dix Bruce.
- Beginning Blues Soloing. By David Hamburger.
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes. By Scott Nygaard.
- Building Fingerstyle Arrangements. By Andrew DuBrock.
- Steady Bass Fingerpicking. By David Hamburger.
- Your First Guitar Rag. By Dale Miller.
- The Magic of D A D G A D. By Al Petteway.
- Bottleneck Slide in Open Tunings. By Steve James.
- Practicing Secrets. By Kristina Olsen.
- Choosing a Teacher. By Gary Joyner.
- Learning Songs off Records. By Dylan Schorer.
- Star of the Country Down
- June Apple
- Soldier's Joy
- Sand River Belle
- Guitar Rag
- She Moved Through the Faire
- Morrison's Jig
- John Henry
- Railroad Bill
Please note: We pack and ship each order lovingly by hand. While our staff continues to work from home to stay healthy and safe, we are not able to make all of our physical inventory available for purchase here. Digital editions will be fulfilled by us instantly, but if you prefer a hard copy now, please check Amazon or Bookshop.org.