Acoustic Guitar Magazine's Best Private Lessons
Craving variety in your guitar playing? Satisfy your hunger for new guitar techniques and styles with Acoustic Guitar's collection of its finest lessons, hand-picked from its comprehensive lesson book library.
Players of all levels have a rare opportunity to explore a wide range of techniques, including fingerstyle, flatpicking, alternate tunings, and bottleneck slide, while enjoying a variety of musical styles—rock, blues, Celtic, swing, bluegrass, and more. You'll also learn how to make the most of your practice time, choose a teacher, and train your ear from the best guitar teachers around.
This comprehensive guide is available in two different formats:
- Book & CD package: 79 pages with written instruction from a selection of AG teachers, notation and tab, plus accompanying audio instruction available as CD.
- PDF & Audio Download package: Downloadable version featuring the complete written instruction (including standard notation and tablature) from the book, plus accompanying audio instruction.
- Acoustic Rock Rhythm. By Mark Hanson.
- Chord Embellishment. By Dylan Schorer.
- Jazz Chord Basics. By Dix Bruce.
- Beginning Blues Soloing. By David Hamburger.
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes. By Scott Nygaard.
- Building Fingerstyle Arrangements. By Andrew DuBrock.
- Steady Bass Fingerpicking. By David Hamburger.
- Your First Guitar Rag. By Dale Miller.
- The Magic of D A D G A D. By Al Petteway.
- Bottleneck Slide in Open Tunings. By Steve James.
- Practicing Secrets. By Kristina Olsen.
- Choosing a Teacher. By Gary Joyner.
- Learning Songs off Records. By Dylan Schorer.
- Star of the Country Down
- June Apple
- Soldier's Joy
- Sand River Belle
- Guitar Rag
- She Moved Through the Faire
- Morrison's Jig
- John Henry
- Railroad Bill