Reading Between the Lines: The Acoustic Guitar Guide to Musical Literacy
This complete guide will demystify the symbols most commonly used in music notation for acoustic guitar. Through both written and video instruction with Gretchen Menn, you'll learn to:
- Decode the notes on the standard staff
- Understand note values and time signatures
- Make the most of TAB
- Decipher left- and right-hand fingerings, chord diagrams, and capo notation
- Recognize open and nonstandard tunings
- Read hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides, bends, and natural and artificial harmonics
- Interpret repeats and codas
Then, you'll put your learning to good use with a beautiful fingerstyle arrangement of "Amazing Grace" that runs the gamut of guitar symbols.
We've also included a look at how guitar notation has evolved into the sophisticated tool it is today, plus printable manuscript papers you can use to notate your own songs, arrangements, or transcriptions.
Bundle and Save! When you put this guide in your cart along with Gretchen Menn's The Way Music Works, we'll automatically take $4.95 off your order at checkout.