If you love bluegrass and folk music, you'll enjoy using this PDF & Audio Download collection to learn flatpicking backup styles, melodies, and leads from some of the finest teachers around. It offers 12 outstanding lessons from past issues of Acoustic Guitar magazine. Scott Nygaard will teach you how to flatpick fiddle tunes and show you how to transform well-worn licks into dazzling variations. Dix Bruce will give you expert advice on how to transcribe bluegrass solos from favorite artists. And Happy Traum will inspire you to improvise on a traditional bluegrass sound to add power and drive to your solos. The book includes 16 complete songs to play.
- Strum and Bass Note Patterns. By Larry Sandberg.
- Bluegrass Rhythm Guitar. By Scott Nygaard.
- The Lester Flatt G Run. By Happy Traum.
- Rhythm Essentials. By John McGann.
- Fiddle Contest Accompaniment. By Jim Wood.
- Simple Irish Backup. By Paul Kotapish.
PLAYING MELODIES AND LEADS
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes. By Scott Nygaard.
- Bluesy Bluegrass. By Steve Pottier.
- Cross-Picking. By Scott Nygaard.
- Variations on a Theme. By Scott Nygaard.
- Transcribing Solos. By Dix Bruce.
- Celtic Flatpicking. By Dylan Schorer.
- Jesse James
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken
- Roll in My Sweet Baby's Arms
- Mama Don't 'Low
- Sally Goodin
- Kentucky Waltz
- The Star of Munster
- Morrison's Jig
- Soldier's Joy
- Sandy River Belle
- Bury Me Beneath the Willow
- Carroll County Blues
- Foggy Mountain Special
- Humphrey's Hornpipe
- Pretty Peggy
- Banish Misfortune
"The 12 chapters in this book are more than just a chest of treasures for those with ambitions to flatpick. It presents basic accompaniment and solo techniques as well as teaching 16 complete songs in different styles."