Learn the fundamentals of blues fingerpicking and slide from the master teachers at Acoustic Guitar magazine with this PDF & Audio Download pacakge. Explore the essential sounds of country blues as played by seminal guitarists such as Robert Johnson, Big Bill Broonzy, and Lightnin' Hopkins. In these ten lessons, you will learn the basics of blues fingerpicking, play some ragtime licks and cool turnarounds, learn walking bass lines, try your hand at slide guitar, and more.
- Fingerpicking the Blues. By Pete Madsen.
- The Monotonic Bass. By David Hamburger.
- Ragtime Guitar. By Jerry Snyder.
- The Art of the Blues Turnaround. By Ron Forbes-Roberts.
- Let Your Fingers do the Walking. By David Hamburger.
- Blues-Rag Licks. By Pete Madsen.
- Embellishing a Fingerstyle Blues. By Ernie Hawkins.
- Intro to Slide Guitar. By Steve James.
- Blues in Open-G "Spanish" Tuning. By Steve James.
- Slide Techniques. By Pete Madsen.