This guide offers a superb selection of lessons and songs for the acoustic guitar, expertly played by the editors of Acoustic Guitar magazine. It contains exercises, licks, and 8 full songs to play, in standard notation and tablature with chord diagrams. Players of all levels will find lessons to benefit them.
- Unlocking the Fretboard. By Karen Hogg.
- Barre Chords. By David Hamburger.
- Flatpicking 101. By David Hamburger.
- Bluegrass in Dropped D. By Happy Traum.
- Bass Lines for Guitarists. By Paul Kotapish.
- Classic Pop Changes. By Andrew DuBrock.
- Swing Voice Leading. By Tony Marcus.
- Celtic Jigs. By David Surette.
- Melodic Improvisation. By Chris Grampp.
- Soloing with Arpeggios. By Jamie Findlay.
- Getting Low Lows with a Partial Capo. By Peter Mulvey.
- Hawaiian Slack Key. By Keola Beamer.
- Classical Etude Variations. By Mark Small.
- Modal Harmony. By Scott Nygaard.
- Blackberry Blossom
- Angel Band
- Levis Beaulieu
- A Grandmother's Wish
- Winter Waltz
The CD includes two versions of each song: one played slowly and the other up to tempo.