No. 303, March 2018
On the Cover: Chet Atkins’ Certified Guitar Players, with a roundtable discussion between all of the remaining CGP’s—Tommy Emmanuel, Steve Warnier, and John Knowles—and a visit with the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society, and a transcription of one of Chet’s all-time classics.
- Chet Atkins - “Windy & Warm”
- Tommy Emmanuel - “Guitar Boogie”
- Steve Winwood and Blind Faith - “Can’t Find My Way Home”
Features: Sean McGowan shows how to use the 12-bar form for improvisation, Michael Wright on the history of the humble, hardy cowboy guitar, and a look at cowboy guitars in a post-cowboy world. James Elkington talks guitars.
- Build speed, for single-note lines and chords
- Learn to play the blues like Son House
- Soloing: Build solos around chord shapes
- Mamie Minch’s final installment of “How to shop for a used guitar”
- Breedlove Concertina E Sitka Myrtle
- Hughes & Kettner Era 1 Amp
- 1961 D’Angelico New Yorker Special