No. 298, October 2017
On the Cover: A lesson feature on Neil Young’s simple and singular style.
- Neil Young - “Hitchhiker”
- The Beatles - “Mother Nature’s Son”
- Mariachi traditional - “El Cascabel”
Features: It’s a Mariachi revolution and you’re invited! Discover how mariachi is inspiring a revolution in music education, gain playing tips from Flor de Toloache’s guitarist Eunice Aparicio, and learn your guitarron from your vihuela in a handy gear guide. 8 Dreadnoughts Under $500.
- Color your chords with hammer-ons and pull-offs
- How to spin endless variations on a simple tune
- Learn to play the blues like Mississippi legend Skip James
- Fender Fortis F-10BT.
Plus: A tribute to Bill Collings (1948–2017); The War on Drugs’ Adam Granduciel discusses the guitar work on the band’s new album. Ask the Expert: Why is my guitar buzzing?