No. 295, July 2017
On the Cover: The Learning Issue special focus section offers 7 tips for finding the best guitar instructor for adult needs; getting the most out of Skype lessons; and how to self-evaluate your technique and fix flaws you find.
- Alynda Lee Segarra - "The Body Electric"
- Elizabeth Cotton - "Freight Train"
- Duck Baker - "Odd Fellows March"
- Scott Joplin - "The Entertainer"
Features: A profile of Alynda Lee Segarra of Hurray for the Riff Raff; inside the gutbucket blues of Reverend Peyton; and guitarist Nathan Bell’s “Playing With and Through Pain,” complete with advice on prevention and recovery.
- Essential building blocks for better solos
- How to find your own fingerstyle voice
- Learn to play the blues like Elizabeth Cotton
- Guild M-40E
- Taylor Academy 10e and 12e
- Trance Amulet M Pickup
- Boss Acoustic Singer Pro amp
- Fender Acoustic 200 amp
- Elliott Elite and Integrity capos
Plus: Danny Kortchmar’s acoustic side; catching up with folk-rocker Dan Bern; is it time for a re-fret?