No. 288, December 2016
On the Cover: Dylan Unplugged—Learn the Secrets of Bob’s Acoustic Technique. The Nobel-Prize-winning singer songwriter is also an underrated guitarist and this year marks the 40th anniversary of a seven-album stretch that found the pop star turning back to his acoustic roots on such classic albums as John Wesley Harding and Nashville Skyline.
- Cage the Elephant - “Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked”
- Martin Carthy - “Scarborough Fair”
- Traditional - “Wasn’t That a Mighty Storm”
Features: Roundup of the year’s top gear, including reviews of more than 40 guitars, amps, and accessories. Spend 5 minutes with Sara Watkins as the former Nickel Creek fiddler discusses her newfound love of acoustic guitar. Read an interview with Dawes head honcho Taylor Goldsmith. Profile of British fingerstyle champion Martin Carthy.
- 8 ways to improve your tone
- 5 tips for late-blooming guitarists
- Enhance the sound of your playing by exploring thirds
- 5 ways to involve your guitar in the songwriting process
- Martin LE Cowboy 2016 limited edition
- Yamaha TransAcoustic
- Bristol BM-15 and BD-15
- iSolo wireless pickup
- AER Tommy Emmanuel Signature Edition Amp
- TC Electronics PolyTune Clip.