No. 283, July 2016
On the Cover: It’s a Nylon World—10 tips on how steel-string players can make the jump to nylon; 10 essential non-classical nylon-string guitar albums; 5 new nylon-string guitars for any budget.
- The Beatles - “Here, There and Everywhere”
- Randy Newman - “Rider in the Rain”
- Traditional, arranged in the style of Blind Willie Johnson - “John the Revelator”
Features: Mary Chapin Carpenter’s poetic new album; paying tribute to underground blues legend Blind Willie Johnson, with tips on how to get his sound.
- Practice cowboy chords
- Master Gypsy-guitar rhythms
- Perfect essential fingerboard techniques
- Breedlove Journey Concert in Brazilian rosewood;
- Washburn Woodline 10 Series;
- RMI Acouswitch IQ DI.
Plus: Vince Gill on the importance of experimentation; open-mic etiquette; comparing 3 new guitars in Fender’s Paramount Deluxe Series.