No. 282, June 2016
On the Cover: Dwight Yoakam and Steve Earle—interviews with two giants about their rise in 1980s, and more.
- Johnny Horton, arranged by Dwight Yoakam - “Honky Tonk Man”
- Norah Jones - “Don’t Know Why”
- Traditional - “God’s Gonna Ease My Troublin’ Mind”
Features: Amps & Pickups, with advice on buying both; the new iRig interface pickup and AmpliTube Acoustic App.
- John Doyle’s 7 tips on playing Celtic music
- Primer on slurs and other techniques
- Exploring low alternate tunings
- Jim “Kimo” West’s slack-key odyssey, with a song to play
- Martin 00L-17
- Andrew White Cybele 1013W
- Cole Clark SL2EC-MMAH
Plus: The brilliant return of Guild guitars.