No. 281, May 2016
On the Cover: Roots, Riffs & Resonators—A special section on up-and-coming resonator players, a resonator guitar company, and a basics lesson on bottleneck slide guitar techniques.
- Peter Frampton - “Show Me the Way”
- The Eagles - “Tequila Sunrise”
- Nathan Bell - “Names”
Features: Interviews with Peter Frampton, Duke Robillard, Richard Osborn, the Stray Birds, Birds of Chicago, and M. Ward; Joan Baez at 70; a sad goodbye to Jefferson Airplane founder Paul Kantner; Folk Alliance International awards Ramblin’ Jack Elliott and Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry.
- Tips on bass fingerpicking
- Playing in waltz time
- Add percussive textures to your guitar
- Two Taylor 12-string guitars
- Solomon Phidelity archtop
- Krivo’s Django Bucker and Nuevo Single Coil pickups