No. 286, October 2016
On the Cover: Billy Bragg and Joe Henry—the guitarists’ new album, recorded along the Texas Eagle railroad line, pays homage to old, weird America.
- Classic American locomotive song - “Rock Island Line”
- Ben Harper - “She’s Only Happy in the Sun”
- Donovan - “Season of the Witch”
Features: On tour, Ben Harper talks shop with his opening act Christopher Paul Stelling; Dynamic Duos: Rodrigo y Gabriela, Eric Skye and Mark Goldenberg, and Julian Lage and Chris Eldridge; guitarist Tashi Dorji’s avant-jazz know no bounds. Tonewoods—an in-depth primer and a battle to end clear-cutting in America’s largest national forest.
- 6 ways to bust out of your rut
- How to master chord melody
- 6 ways to improve fingerstyle blues
- How to harmonize in a Chet Atkins style
- Martin 00-18 Authentic 1931
- Breedlove Pursuit Concert KK
- Eastman AC–GA1CE and AC–GA2CE
Plus: Woody Guthrie’s Columbia River songs; reignite your love for guitar; and a sparkling guitar inspired by an outhouse.