Roots and Blues Mandolin: Complete Edition
Learn the essentials of blues mandolin, rhythm, and lead by playing classic songs. The unmistakable voice of the mandolin has been heard from the earliest incarnations of blues to the contemporary roots music revival. Now learn the essentials of the style—from blue notes to picking technique, double stops to tremolo—by playing classic songs with our lesson and song collection. If you already play blues on guitar or another instrument and would like to double on mandolin, or if you want to add blues sounds to your mandolin repertoire, Roots and Blues Mandolin is your ticket.
This comprehensive guide is available in two different formats:
- Book & Audio Download package: 43 pages with written instruction, notation and tab, plus accompanying audio instruction, performed by Steve James, available to download.
- PDF & Audio Download package: Downloadable version featuring the complete written instruction (including standard notation and tablature) from the book, plus accompanying audio instruction, performed by Steve James.
- The Beginnings of Blues Mandolin
- Tuning and Basic Techniques
- Blue Notes and Tremolo
- Songs in G
- Changing Keys
- Accompaniment Made Easy
- Moving to A
- Melody and Accompaniment
- Open Tuning and Slide Mandolin
13 SONGS TO PLAY, INCLUDING
- Short'nin' Bread
- You Don't Know My Mind
- Florida Blues
- Dupree Blues
- Trouble in Mind
- Careless Love
- Gambler's Blues
Please note: We pack and ship each order lovingly by hand. While our staff continues to work from home to stay healthy and safe, we are not able to make all of our physical inventory available for purchase here. Digital editions will be fulfilled instantly, but if you prefer a hard copy now, please check Amazon.