No. 318, September/October 2019
On the Cover: Bruce Cockburn. An exclusive lesson with the legendary songwriter and fingerstyle guitar master Bruce Cockburn.
Special Focus: Peace, Love & Guitars. 50 years after the historic festival, AG’s Blair Jackson catalogs the acoustic guitars at Woodstock and the artist who played them.
- Bruce Cockburn – “If I Had a Rocket Launcher”
- Arlo Guthrie – “Amazing Grace”
- Diego Garcia – “Spanish Rag”
- Traditional – “Tom Dooley”
- David Grier – “Sometime Next Summer”
- Kinloch Nelson – “Solitudes”
Features: Longtime Martin Guitar archivist Dick Boak looks at the Kingston Trio’s lasting impact on American music and culture—and the guitar industry; Nashville picker David Grier talks guitars, bluegrass, and beyond.
- How to intelligently warm up your hands, arms, and mind
- Dress up the 12-bar blues using the CAGED system
- Putting triplets to work
- Waterloo WL-AT acoustic archtop
- National M-14T Thunderbox resonator
- G7th Performance 3 Capo
- Ernie Ball Guitar Straps