No. 284, August 2016
On the Cover: Experience Nashville—Take a trip to Guitar Town and discover the players, places, and cultural touchstones that make it one of the top spots to visit in the U.S., including 6 must-see historic sites; 9 ways to live like a local; why everyone should attend AmericanaFest at least once; hanging off the grid with Music City legend Darrell Scott; and Nathan Bell’s first-person account of what it’s like to try and make it as songwriter.
- J.J. Cale - “Call Me the Breeze”
- Traditional - “Don’t Let the Devil Ride”
- Mary Flower - “My Bluebird”
Features: Graham Nash returns with a reflective solo album; Arkansas visionary Ed Stilley’s rough-hewn folk-art guitars.
- How to create boundaries in student/teacher relationships
- Silence your strings for musical effect
- Learn to adapt George Benson's plectrum technique for any style
- Gibson J-45 Vintage
- PRS Angelus SE A30E
- Michael Kelly Guitars Triad 10E
Plus: Remembering Guy Clark; George Benson’s right-hand technique; Neil Young’s longtime guitar-tech Larry Cragg.