No. 280, April 2016
On the Cover: Lucinda Williams talks about her new album, The Ghosts of Highway 20, and the recent influences on her songwriting.
- Davey Grahm - “Anji”
- Glenn Campbell - “Gentle on My Mind”
- Blues Staple - “You Gotta Move”
Features: Must-See Music Festivals—A bucket list of ten of the best festivals featuring acoustic music, from Strawberry to Freshgrass to Pickathon; an appreciation of legendary British fingerstyle master Davey Graham; “Blind Boy” Paxton’s modern take on old-time tunes; Buddy Miller and friends recording at sea; David Bowie’s Harptone 12-string; Luther Dickinson’s family ties; music publishing basics for songwriters.
- How to play like Robert Johnson
- Valuable fret-hand exercises
- Tips on playing funk on acoustic guitar
- Big Hollow’s Plainsman guitar
- JazzKat’s TomKat tube amp
- TC Electronic BodyRez acoustic pickup enhancer
CD reviews: Kurt Cobain’s Home Recordings, Cactus Blossoms’ You’re Dreaming, Elvis Costello’s Detour DVD.