No. 278, February 2016
On the Cover: 100 years of Martin’s dreadnought guitars—from Hank Williams and Doc Watson to Joni Mitchell and Kurt Cobain, the dreadnought has continually revolutionized music.
- The Rolling Stones - “Sweet Virginia”
- Green Day - “Warning”
- Classic folk tune - “Hang Me, Oh Hang Me”
Features: An appreciation of New York folk music icon Dave Van Ronk; a look at two guitar duos on the rise—James Elikngton & Nathan Salsburg and Dawn & Hawkes; Patty Griffin on her new Servant of Love album.
- Use triads and dominant sevenths to build blues and rock solos
- Pete Madsen lesson in rag guitar
- Looping tips from Ed Sheeran’s guitar tech
- McElroy Standard
- Breedlove Oregon Concert Ltd.
- Fender Acoustic Pro and Acoustic SFX amps
CD Reviews: New albums by Peter Case, Darlingside, Greg Blake, and Mipso.
**Bonus Stage & Studio Supplement**: Recording to an iOS device, an Airbnb-like recording studio app, and mixing yourself onstage using mics and boost pedals.