Acoustic Guitar Magazine's Best Private Lessons
Craving variety in your guitar playing? Satisfy your hunger for new guitar techniques and styles with Acoustic Guitar's collection of its finest lessons, hand-picked from its comprehensive lesson book library.
Players of all levels have a rare opportunity to explore a wide range of techniques, including fingerstyle, flatpicking, alternate tunings, and bottleneck slide, while enjoying a variety of musical styles—rock, blues, Celtic, swing, bluegrass, and more. You'll also learn how to make the most of your practice time, choose a teacher, and train your ear from the best guitar teachers around. Includes:
- Acoustic Rock Rhythm. By Mark Hanson.
- Chord Embellishment. By Dylan Schorer.
- Jazz Chord Basics. By Dix Bruce.
- Beginning Blues Soloing. By David Hamburger.
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes. By Scott Nygaard.
- Building Fingerstyle Arrangements. By Andrew DuBrock.
- Steady Bass Fingerpicking. By David Hamburger.
- Your First Guitar Rag. By Dale Miller.
- The Magic of D A D G A D. By Al Petteway.
- Bottleneck Slide in Open Tunings. By Steve James.
- Practicing Secrets. By Kristina Olsen.
- Choosing a Teacher. By Gary Joyner.
- Learning Songs off Records. By Dylan Schorer.
- "Star of the Country Down"
- "June Apple"
- "Soldier's Joy"
- "Sand River Belle"
- "Guitar Rag"
- "She Moved Through the Faire"
- "Morrison's Jig"
- "John Henry"
- "Railroad Bill"