Acoustic Guitar Lead and Melody Basics
Most of us start out on the guitar by figuring out a few basic chords to strum. But making the leap to picking out melodies can be daunting. There's so much to learn about scales, new fingerings, and the murky realm above the fifth fret.
Whether you want to play fiddle tunes, song melodies, the blues, or just jam along to your favorite tunes, the Acoustic Guitar Lead and Melody Basics lesson book will help you make a smooth transition from accompanist to soloist. With eight concise, in-depth lessons, and transcriptions to nine complete songs, you will focus your practice time in immediately productive and continually inspiring ways. Includes:
- Melodies and Major Scales - Jim Wood
- Adding Melodies to Strum Patterns - Dylan Schorer
- Beginning Blues Soloing - David Hamburger
- Hammer-ons, Pull-offs, and Slides - Paul Schlueter
- Improvising Around the Melody - Mike Christiansen
- Learning to Transpose - Dix Bruce
- Arpeggios and Melodies - Paul Kotapish
- Melodic Solos up the Neck - Dylan Schorer
- Cripple Creek
- Cotton-Eyed Joe
- The Theme from the Pink Panther
- She'll Be Comin' 'Round the Mountain
- Arkansas Traveler
- Wildwood Flower
- Walker Street
- Tripping up the Stairs
"The writers manage to introduce fairly sophisticated musical concepts in a painless way"
"String Letter gives value for your money in these informative and idea-packed sets of guitar lessons."